Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add a new user?
To create a user (staff) profile, please follow this link: Create a User
Please ensure that you fill in every field and enter your redeem code at the bottom of the form.
Here is a short video with a step by step guide:
How do I delete a user?
- To delete a user, please login using the admin details that were provided, by clicking the following link:
- Once you are logged in to your account, from your dashboard select the “Manage Users” page.
- From here you will be able to access a list of all your staff / users – along with options for editing account details. This includes the deletion of users as shown by the icon:
- Once you have clicked the delete icon, you will be presented with a confirmation box – please click “OK” (please note that once a user has been deleted all their progress will permanently removed)
How do I log in?
Please be aware that admin and user accounts are two different methods of access.
If you are an Employer and you have been provided with an admin account, then please log in using the following link… Admin Login
If you are an Employee and you have been provided with a user account, then please log in using the following link… User Login
How do I start a course?
Here is a step by step guide on how to start a course.
- Log on to your account by clicking the link below:
- Insert your username and password:
- You will see the list of courses in the middle of your screen (depending on the size
of screen you are using, you may need to scroll down).
- Choose the course you would like to do and launch it by pressing:
- You will then come to an overview of the course which explains what is included,
an approximate time it will take, the number of questions in the final test and the
pass rate, for example 90%.
- To launch the course, click on the course name – you will have to scroll down.
Using a NoodleNow! Course
Here are some important points that you need to be aware of once you have launched a course:
- Make sure you have closed any browser that is already open, as this could interfere with the system when saving your progress.
- Please make sure you put your full name on the opening screen, as this will be on the results slide of the final test.
- As you go through the course, you may wish to take notes along the way.
- When you have completed all the modules and have unlocked the final test, it can be a good idea to save your progress by closing the browser – just as a precaution.
- To continue from where you left off, you just need to launch the course as you would do normally, but you need to click YES on the dialog box that opens. If you don’t, you will have to do the course again!
- When you do the Final Test, you need to do this in one go. If you close the Browser, there is the possibility that when you restart the course, your final test score may not be recorded.
- When you have done the Final Test, you will get a results page that shows your score. Whilst on the results page, it is recommended that you take a “Print Screen” and then paste it on to a document or e-mail, as a record. This will be used as proof that you passed the course. If an error occurs and the system doesn’t record your score (it happens from time to time when using mobile devices), send the Print Screen to email@example.com and we will update the system.
How Do I Print Screen?
On every computer or laptop there is a button that captures everything on the screen. This key is called “Print Screen” and is usually located at the top of the keypad near the “F12” key. Once you have pressed the key, you then need to paste it on to a document/e-mail, by holding down the “Ctrl” key and then pressing “v” key.
When you have finished the Final Test, you need to exit the course CORRECTLY: You need to press the “Exit Course” Button. If you don’t, your result may not be recorded and you could have to retake the test.
Exiting the course and saving
To exit the course successfully, please follow these guidelines:
- If you are part-way through a module, close the page/tab that the course is running from, ensuring that the course overview page remains open. A message will appear to inform you of the database update (saving your progress).
- Do not close the course during the final test as your results may not be recorded!
- When you have completed a course please ensure to click the ‘Exit Course’ button to generate your certificate.
If your progress does not save or your certificate is not generated, please contact us.
I have completed a course and it hasn’t saved my progress?
We are able to pass the course for you if you provide us with a screenshot/photo of your results page. Unfortunately, without this evidence, we are unable to help you complete the course.
Please send your screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will pass the course for you.
If you do not have any proof, please retake the final test to allow you to take a screenshot/photo, if necessary.
If the system takes you back to the beginning, then please contact us.
You do not need to retake the whole course.
My course progress says I have attempted the course several times?
Please do not worry about the amount of course attempts that are stated when you do a course.
Every time a course is loaded it records as an attempt – this doesn’t mean you have done the final test several times.
The amount of attempts does not affect your final score, but will simply tell us how many times you have accessed the course.
I’ve forgotten my Username/Password/Admin Details
If you have forgotten your account details, please contact us…
Call us on 0333 400 3424
Email us at email@example.com
Device & Browser Information
Here are a few things to make you aware of.
NoodleNow! Different Devices
The great thing about our courses is that you can use them on computers, laptops, tablets and modern phones. However, we do recommend that you use a computer or laptop (if possible) to do these courses, as they have more reliable/compatible software.
If you are going to use a mobile device (phone/tablet), you do need to bear in mind that there are number of different operating systems, for example: Android, Apple iOS and Microsoft Windows
The various systems interpret coding slightly differently and may cause errors from time to time. This could be, for example, not saving your progress when you close the course.
If this does happen, then please exit the course and close the browser and then try again.
If the problem continues, try a different device. If you are still having issues, please e-mail us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Which browser to Noodle with?
There are number of different browsers, the most popular are: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Safari
We find Google Chrome the most effective when using our courses. If you don’t have Google Chrome on your device and you want to get it, here is a link to use if you are using a computer, laptop or Mac: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95346?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en-GB
If you are using a mobile or tablet devise you can get this from your App Store.
How do I print my course certificates?
Now you have passed a course, you want to print the certificate. This is a very simple process.
- Log on to your account by clicking the link below:
- You will see a tab with “Your Certificates” – click the tab.
- A list of all the courses you have passed will be in the centre of the page.
- Select the course certificate you want to print.
- The certificate will then appear. You will need to scroll down for the print icon.
Each printer has its own printer options/settings. Before you press the print button,
it is worth checking a few of the settings:
- Layout is set to “Landscape” – this is usually a drop-down menu.
- How many pages is it printing? It will say in the bottom right hand corner; the
example below is showing two pages.
- You need to make sure it is printing just one page, not any more.
There might be a “More Settings” tab (a). Click this and you will need to
reduce the “Scale” (b). In the example below, I have set it to 94%.
Then press print (c).
How to save your certificate as a PDF document
You may want to save your certificate as a PDF document. You then have a digital
copy of the certificate.
To do this you will need to have a PDF Writer installed on your device, for example
Microsoft Print to PDF, Adobe PDF or you can get free software like CutePDF Writer.
If you want to download some free software here is one I use:
Click the link “Free Download” and follow the instructions.
Once you have a PDF writer installed, it will be added to your list of printers. You can
then select this as your printer (d) + (e). Once selected, you press print and a dialogue
box will appear asking where you would like to save the PDF document.
When I‘m accessing NoodleNow!, the courses aren’t running smoothly?
If you find that a course ends suddenly/freezes, part way through, please follow this checklist:
- Check your browser – are you using Google Chrome (recommended)?
- Have you cleared your browsing history?
- How strong is your wifi/internet connection?
The page has gone white/blank?
If you see a white blank screen, don’t panic!
If you are clicking too quickly onto the next page this can happen.
There is a simple solution – Press ‘refresh the page’ or click ‘F5’ to resume the course.